Rain Barrel Sale at the Expo
Backyard Living Expo is pleased to announce that we have partnered with RainBarrel.ca and will be hosting a rain barrel fundraising sale the weekend of the Expo in support of Feed it Forward.
Each rain barrel includes a leaf and mosquito filter basket, an overflow adaptor, a spigot and an overflow hose.
Rain barrels are $55 each and can be pre-ordered online here
Pre-ordered rain barrels will be available for pick up outside of Hall 5 at The International Centre on:
Friday, April 3rd: 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 4th: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Sunday, April 5th: 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Feed it Forward will receive $10 from every rain barrel sold; and $2 from each downspout diverter, stand or flower pot sold. Our goal is to raise enough money to help support Feed it Forwards goal of $5,000.00.
Benefits of Rain Barrels and Collecting Rain
It’s no secret that rain barrels are gaining popularity among homeowners. Learn about ways to use your rain barrel and what the benefits are.
Ways to use your rain barrel:
- Water your garden, grass and indoor plants.
- Clean outdoor furniture and tools.
- Moisten your compost bin when it’s drying up.
Why you should use a rain barrel:
- Save Money and Water: Using rain water instead of tap water for outdoor use, reduces your water bill.
- Protect Your Municipality Water Supply: Collecting water in your rain barrel slows it down from rushing into local lakes and rivers. This helps decrease storm runoff and the level of pollution going into local watersheds.
- Better Gardens: Improve the growth and vitality of your plants by feeding them rain water instead of tap water that has many chemicals including chlorine and fluoride.
- Reduce Risk of Basement Flooding: Disconnecting downspouts from your sewer drain and connecting them to your rain barrel reduces the risk of basement flooding. If your rain barrel begins to get full there is an overflow hose that carries water away from your house.
CHECK OUT OUR HELPFUL VIDEOS TO SEE THE BENEFITS OF RAIN BARRELS.